how football betting predictions work

how football betting predictions work

Football betting predictions are an essential part in sports betting. With regard to a football game, predictions are made as to how a game will develop in the future. This can be done on many individual aspects of the game. From the halftime score to the timing of the goals to the individual goal scorers. But how are these predictions calculated? Betbubbles provides answers.

  • There are many different predictions for a single football game
  • Football betting predictions are also possible in the long term
  • Bookmakers and experts use different ways of making predictions
  • Odds indicate the probability of a prediction
  • For money or for free – the internet offers many game predictions

What are football betting predictions?

A prediction is declared as follows: Something someone says about something that will happen in the future or how something will happen in the near future. With regard to football betting, this means a prediction of the progress of a game. Or the occurrence of different scenarios during an encounter. How does the game end? At what time do the gates fall? Who scores the hits? How often will the ball hit the net? The number of predictions that can be made for a single football game is huge.

What can football betting predictions be made on?

This question is easy to answer: in a football game on everything that can happen. This can be the result, the halftime score, the goalscorers, the number of corners and cards or the course of the game. You can place a bet on any prediction. The more difficult the prediction, the higher the odds and the higher the potential profit. For example, if you can correctly predict the final result of the Bundesliga classic Bayern versus Dortmund, you will be awarded a large amount of money. The opposite is the case, for example, if you simply say in advance that Bayern will win against Paderborn. The latter is of course much easier. This is rewarded by the betting sites with a low odd. Football betting predictions can not only be made on individual games, but also on the outcome of leagues and tournaments. Who will be world champion? Who will win the Bundesliga? Who descends? Predictions in the area of ​​sports betting are also possible with many providers over a very long-term period.

This is how predictions and forecasts are calculated

The making of predictions on the part of the betting site is very simple. These convert the predictions and forecasts into odds. The probability plays a very important role here. The more likely a forecast is to occur, the lower the rate will be. Example: Bayern Munich wins their home game against the bottom of the table. The likelihood that this scenario will occur is very, very high. Therefore, a very low odd is awarded. So if the predictor predicts that FCB will win and then put money on this game, a bet is very likely to be won. So-called betting experts and forecasting tools handle their forecasting somewhat differently. On these websites tipsters can get help and betting predictions. Football betting predictions there are often based on statistical methods for predicting football matches. An algorithm is calculated from various values ​​(e.g. home advantage, goals per game, calculation of performance, expected goal total) in order to mathematically hit a probability of the outcome of a game.

This is how odds are created in detail

As already mentioned, the probability of a prediction can always be read from the quota. But how exactly do odds arise? The bookmakers create a “fair betting odds” and then a “real betting odds”. For the former, the probability of a win is estimated in percent: Example: Dortmund against Bremen – team 1 wins with a probability of 62 percent, match ends with a tie 27 percent, team 2 wins with a probability of 11 percent. Taken together, the probability of occurrence always results in 100 percent. The “fair odd” is then calculated using the formula (100 / probable percentage). 

In our example this would be 1.61 for a Dortmund win (100/62). For the “real betting odds” on which the tipsters can place bets later, The following formula is used: “Fair betting odds” x (number <1). The latter number is based on the percentage of winnings that will be distributed again. If 90 percent were distributed, this would look like this in our example: 1.61 (“Fair betting odds BVB victory) x 0.9. In this case, the “real rate” is 1.45. If only 80 percent were distributed, the “fair quota” x 0.8 would have to be calculated. 

The payout percentage is based on how many bets are placed on the occurrence of an event. Therefore it is also possible that odds change again shortly before the start of an event. in our example it would look like this: 1.61 (“Fair betting odds BVB victory) x 0.9. In this case, the “real rate” is 1.45. If only 80 percent were distributed, the “fair quota” x 0.8 would have to be calculated. The payout percentage is based on how many bets are placed on the occurrence of an event. 

Therefore it is also possible that odds change again shortly before the start of an event. in our example it would look like this: 1.61 (“Fair betting odds BVB victory) x 0.9. In this case, the “real rate” is 1.45. If only 80 percent were distributed, the “fair odd” x 0.8 would have to be calculated. The payout percentage is based on how many bets are placed on the occurrence of an event. Therefore it is also possible that odds change again shortly before the start of an event.

Where can you find football betting predictions?

Tipsters who do not want to rely on their own knowledge and gut feeling will find numerous websites with football betting predictions on the Internet. It should be noted that on some websites the forecasts are only offered for money. That means: You pay an amount X to get a calculated forecast of the outcome of a football game. Think twice about whether it’s worth it. Even predictions by supposed experts can turn out to be wrong afterwards. There is no guarantee of profit in the betting business – even if you have paid money in advance for the tip of a professional. 

Reliable football betting predictions are also abundantly offered for free on various websites. Take the time to search the internet for it. Above all, pay attention to the good reviews of others. Social media are also teeming with forecast websites that advertise with expert knowledge. Whoever searches will find this motto. Do not use the first prediction website, but make yourself smart. This applies not only here, but in almost every sports betting area.

Scroll to Top